If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Warming Up

We are coming out of a cold spell here in Mississippi. Thoughts turn to the garden. I should have already started my seeds. Friends and neighbors are predicting another cold snap or maybe two. I'm not so sure about that. Burpee has recorded a 29 percent increase in sales for seeds. Maybe people are finally getting the message that they have to be more self-sufficient. I see a pressure canner in my future, I do have an anniversary coming up...
I see a lot of catch phrases such as Urban Homesteading, Victory Garden (an oldie but a goodie), Homegrowing, and Urban Guerilla Gardening. It all boils down to, stick something in the ground and grow it, even if it is in a window sill. I get a sense of satisfaction when I look at all the cans I've put up from my garden.
You can see signs of change and uneasiness. Shelves aren't as stocked as they used to be. People cruise the meat aisles just looking.
And have you been in a gun shop, or sporting goods store, pawn shop? Ammo shelves are near empty and ordering online is met with long backordered items that are usually cancelled because they will not be delivered in a timely matter. I'm sure it's that and who knows how high the price will be when it is back instock?? I am glad that my husband took it to heart when I said "If we need any ammo, now is the time".
I wish everyone a productive gowing season this year...now, how do you get rid of stink bugs????

2 comments:

Bullseye said...

A great big welcome to ya Worn Out, good to have onboard !! Warming up here in KY too, may have to plow soon...lol

Worn Out said...

Thanks for stopping by and for the Welcome Bullseye! Glad to be here.

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.