If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kind of Quiet on St. Patrick's Day


After all the rain, it is humid here on the coast. It makes you just want sit back with a glass of iced tea and not do much of anything. Shirts I have ironed the other day are already limp on the hangers. The garden beds are ready to be tilled one last time and scores of plants are waiting to go in. My food storage room is half cleaned out and I'm thinking it would just be easier to blow it up lol.
State Senators are planning to go around reluctant Govenors on the stimulus bill and auto loan defaults are up 8.9% in Mississippi and 25% across the nation. A quote from the local sound off "Can't pay your bills? You should have thought about that when you were spending the money you didn't have in the first place."
Glen Beck's War Room announced the 912 Project and boy did it get a response!
I ran into the dollar store for something quick and it was crowded. Shopping carts full of food, as much as in a grocery store. I few months ago I asked if more people were buying just food there and she said yes but not a huge difference. The manager was at the register when I went in the other day and I asked again and she said "Girl, I can't keep food in now. I try to get more deliveries but everyone is swamped." I went past their gardening aisle and it is already wiped out and there was a meeting going on there with some local women about how to grow what and problems they were having.
We are adding a room to the house so that is where a lot of my time has been going but I will be posting more.

No comments:

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.