If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book Review and Product Review


As per my previous post, the Victorio Food Strainer worked great. I thought I would would get tired from cranking but it was nice and easy and the boys got a kick out of cranking it also. Worth the money and I might invest in some additional screens. It comes with the tomato/apple screen. It cleaned up pretty quick also. I canned a dozen quarts of tomato sauce with it yesterday.

As for books, you all have probably seen this one, but it is alway worth the mention.



This is the picture of the edition I have but newer ones are out. I've had mine over 10 years and the cover is worn out. Carla Emery's Encyclopedia of Country Living is the bible of how to do everything from plant a tree, to castrating a bull. It has it all. I plan on using the castrating a bull technique if a man ever breaks into my house. Sadly though Carla is no longer with us. Her page is still up though at Carla Emery.

And if you haven't figured out by now that I am a bibliophile here is my search for Ham Radio on Amazon. Not that WVSanta isn't doing an amazing job, he is, it's just a compulsion I have lol.

No comments:

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.