If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Where are you in your Preps??



Right now I am pretty low in my food storage. But that does show that prepping works. After some pretty decent added expenses, our preps saw us through without the added expense of a huge food bill. Some of us are in that boat, a lot of us got hit with adult child expense, myself included. But there were things we just paid off rather than paid on in order not to have another on going expense. I am planning on having our storage built up completely by the begining of January, (Deer meat might be coming next month, YAY!), so I'm knocked down but not knocked out!
Where are you in your prepping? Just getting started? Stocked until the next ice age?
Drop me a line and let me know where you are located, we are still hooking up preppers and I will have more time to devote since football season will be over soon lol.

1 comment:

Marica said...

Well since you asked... . We started this month off *very* low in food preps. Through the summer-- what with moving & all-- we used up a lot of stuff. But this just shows exactly your point, preps work. Moving is expensive, and we were able to save money by cashing in on what we had. And once we moved to the rental (before we bought the farm) it was tough storing up too much (no deep freezer). Now we're seriously back at it. It's been a great couple of weeks. I found frozen duck for $1.29/lb! And Cambells cream of mushroom for $0.89. Lots of other good stuff too, but I think the most important thing I did was take inventory of the pantry goods. I counted things up, but it on a spreadsheet, and decided my first goal was to have a 2 month supply. I established a "set point". So now I know I'm set on cream of mushroom soup, but I need more sugar. It should also help with rotation. We can consult the spread sheet when making the weekly grocery list, and I'll know better what sales to look for. So all in all, I'm feeling pretty good. (Stopped watching NFL! And we are happier people. LOL)

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.