If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Whirlwind of a Month

I apologize for lack of posting. This month has been flying by with multitudes of activities and problems. One of which was my computer. I sit around sometimes and imagine it air born from the window.
This weekend we had a little bit of a teaser of warmer weather only to go back to wet and cold. I have the garden planned out for the most part and finally broke down and bought four blueberry bushes to go along the north fence in the bed I hate to garden in. I can't say that the winter hasn't been useful. It made me realize the holes I have in being prepared, we learned how to make cheese and let me tell you only a prepper would be making cheese on New Years Eve lol. It has also reinforced my resolve to prep on and double my efforts. Why more now? Taxes. Hope you have all been watching the news. I would be doing it any way considering taxes have been going up, my house for instance, over the last three or more years you would think my slab was paved with gold, but I will digress. I don't want to pay taxes for anything that I can provide for my home and family and that comes mostly in the way of food. We may or may not use a neighbors plot for additional garden space, still weighing the pros and cons on that one, but I think with succession planting I can double my efforts. I also hope to use planters and such to add even more. A pressure canner would help with more canned food variety and I hope to have one right after everything gets put into the ground. So, what are your plans? Even though it doesn't seem like it right now, spring will be here before you know it!
Good things to come:


3 comments:

Ken said...

...yeah,two days of 60's up here was a tease,now back to arctic conditions...


...still in it beginning stages,but got some folks interested in turning an empty lot into a 'community garden'...folks' are wakin'up

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Worn out, my inlaws are in MS and their blueberries do great!! I'm always so jealous!

Our garden size has increased dramatically this year. Hoping it'll produce what we're hoping for!

Worn Out said...

That sounds great Ken, let me know how that works out for you! My neighbor has a large lot but I'm trying to figure out if we still will be friends after it gets started lol.
Gen-IL Homesteader, I hope they do great it will be a year or two before they produce I think. I hope you get all the produce you can get, get the canning gear prepped and ready!

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.