If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bare Bones

What should you start out with? What is the very least you should have? I make sure that my supplies do not go below bare bones, though they have on occasion. Bare bones for me is a month supply of food, and that is a month supply of food that I do not have to rely on electricity to keep. Also a way to cook it. I have a grill (charcoal), I also have a propane burner, all you boilers and deep fryers know what I'm talking about, and I have two portable burners that have two elements each. Water. Cast iron, you want something more heavy duty to cook on. First aid supplies and medication. I went through Katrina with more food than what I have mentioned above and no generator. In all honesty, where I lived at the time, I would have had to stay up day and night to guard it although no matter where you lived during that time it would have been the same issue. The only thing I wished I had to be more safe as a single mother at that time would have been a gun.
I know some of you are reading this with your mind screaming you forgot this or that but this is just a stripped down version. It's also to show that you might be prepared a little more than you think and to build on it weekly. There is an excellent post on The Survivalist Blog that has links to resources to help aid in your preps. The post is entitled The Ultimate Collection of Survival Links and I am also going to add it to our sidebar. It's a lot to go through.

No comments:

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.