If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Catching up

I apologize for my lack of posting, I can't believe it's been so long!
As the state officials cry "the Coast is Clear", a friend of mine came in off his boat the other day to say there is oil in Pascagoula. The start of hurricane season has quite a few folks uneasy to say the least. A hurricane now would make the whole coastal area a toxic dump. The weather channel has been on the coast all week for "Hurricane Week" and has a lot of info on their site. Previous articles from Mississippi Preppers are to the right of this page under hurricanes. Sometimes though, you forget the simple things. One thing I forgot to suggest is to turn off your mains when you leave or when the storm hits. Turn off you main gas, water and electric. One home I know of didn't do this and didn't flood from the hurricane but the ice maker damaged everything.
As for the garden, things are coming in. Potatoes have been dug up, okra, eggplant, peppers, cherry tomatoes and squash have been filling the counter top here. Some of my varieties of smaller tomatoes got wilt but the rest are doing fine. Stink bugs have arrived and I've been diligent in spraying. I love this time of year, not just for the growing but for the sharing. Someone is always growing something someone else didn't and I've received cucumbers from one neighbor,and my fisherman neighbor brought me some beautiful trout the other day despite the oil spill.
We recently went on a trip to Missouri and the weather was wonderful. They have had a lot of rain before and after but on the way home we got to see a lot of tornado damage from a few weeks ago. I know we have hurricanes, but with tornadoes there is very little to no warning and a lot of destruction in a short time. It seem the oil spill has overshadowed out counties to the north and I hope they recover quickly.
On the plus side I finally got my deer meat lol.
I will post again soon and thank you for being patient! As always we are looking for writers and please leave your comments.


------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Mississippi Forum at www.MississippiPreppersNetwork.net

2 comments:

Ken said...

...welcome back Aggie,good to see ya again,thoughts and prayers headin'south...

Worn Out said...

Thanks Ken, sometimes time slips away from me. So far the south has been lucky with the oil hopefully it stays that way.

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.