If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hot enough for you?

My garden looks like a jungle between combating weeds and my plants getting taller. Someone send some rain down! With our temps in the 90s and our heat index over 100 be careful out there! Some quick tips:

1) Stay inside during the hotest parts of the day.
2) Wear light loose fitting clothing and a sun hat.
3) Carry around and drink from the water bottle frequently.
4) Add a little more salt to your diet.

If I am not out weeding before 9 a.m. it's a bust for me, too hot. Some people are more sensitive to the heat than others so you need to be aware of how your body reacts. My neighbor yelled over "Hot enough for you?" I had to let him know it isn't this hot in hell lol. But oddly enough in the heat if you work with yarn, crochet, knit, weave, this is the time you want to work on things for the winter. I can crochet but am patiently trying to knit. It makes me crazy to think I can't do something and this is the umpteenth time I have started to knit.
Anyway, becareful and stay cool!
------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Mississippi Forum at www.MississippiPreppersNetwork.net

No comments:

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.