If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hopes for the New Year

I hope every one's holiday season went well.  My hopes for my family are the same hopes for all of you, a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.  Prosperous is in the eyes of the beholder I'm afraid, with government being as it is and I am curious as to what will happen with tax returns.   As long as we have a roof over our heads, food in our stomachs and bills paid, I think we are prosperous.  I think the more self-sustained we become the more prosperous we become. 
Resolutions anyone??   My resolutions are the same for the most part, get out in the garden more, produce more of our own food and educate myself more on what we can do to be less dependent.  Now is the time I start planning what will go in the ground and drool over seed catalogs.  For those starting out, the key is to start.  I've talked to many people who say they are planning to, going to, looking into it... start doing instead of burning up google.  
One gift I got this Christmas from my husband is a Presto three piece regulator pressure canner.

I have never pressure canned before!  I am looking forward to it!  For those of you new to pressure canning as I am there is a good article by Jackie Clay (of course) at Backwoods Home Magazine. I don't want to forget the Mississippi State Extension Service's resources.  Anyone with any tips they would like to share please jump in. 
And if there are topics you would like to have covered drop me a line.

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Mississippi Forum at www.MississippiPreppersNetwork.net

No comments:

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.