If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tired of Winter?


I placed my tomato seed order yesterday in hoping we will have an early final frost.  I don't know about all of you but I am ready for winter to go!  I am going to try out some Heinz seed this year, I'll let you know how it goes.  I also ordered some grape and cherry that I hope will do well.  I will put a couple in the beds but the rest will go into containers.  They grew terrible last year and I wasn't the only one who had trouble.  It irritated one of my neighbors so much that he is making a new bed this year and I quote "I need new dirt!"  We may make a new bed this year due to a tree's growth spurt. I am also looking for a well producing straight neck summer squash because I am disgusted with what I planted last year.   We still have the large bed on a neighbor's plot that we split the bounty with.  I also have a list of other projects I plan to tackle that I'll share as soon as they are started, all geared towards a more productive food harvest (I hope!).  Groceries have gone up another 3%, it's bad when you go to the market one week for milk then go the following week and it's a dollar more.  But hey, job outlooks are supposed to look good this year and aid in the economic recovery.  You will have to excuse me but I haven't figured out yet how to type an effective equivalent to blowing a raspberry!

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Mississippi Forum at www.MississippiPreppersNetwork.net

1 comment:

Marica said...

Tired of winter? Yes I am!

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.