If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Mississippi.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Prepping 101 Links and Retrospect

I hope everyone had a great holiday season.  I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while.  This Redneck Wine Glass was a gift and I think I need a whole set  of these.

Now those of you who already know the story of this glass, I'll be quick, I promise.  My husband's friend was shopping with his wife, they saw this in a gift shop with a $16 dollar price tag.  He left, hit the dollar store and $2 later and some epoxy had the same thing.  I would love a set of these over Waterford Crystal any day.

In my last post I was asked not to forget about the new people to prepping.  I haven't forgotten. 

I have dug through some past posts and this is by no means complete just a starter.  First question is why do you want to prep?  More About Prepping   covers some of this.  Who do you include in your Preps?  Who is Included hits on this, it may seem simple at first.  Immediate family members think you are nuts?  We are right there with you with How to Get Others into The Prepper MindsetWhat Kind of Foods Should I Store?  That explains itself.   Should I clear up my debt first?  There is Debt and Preparedness, a lot of people do not think they have anything they can scale back on, this guest post by Tim is an eye opener, Two Different Views on the Same Problem.  I urge you if the light bulb just went off in your head, do not whip out the credit card and put yourself into debt by ordering BOBs (Bug out bags), #10 cans of food and MREs.  You may feel you are behind but you can build slow and will be amazed at how quickly it adds up.  Here is Bare Bones to work on.   You don't want your food preps to spoil so here is a quick article Oh the Humidity of it All.  Hey, I don't live on a homestead, how am I supposed to do this?  Honey, neither do I, a great article from Marica, Prepping in Small Spaces.  This is just a starter and I will be bringing up more beginner topics and links.   Prepping also relies heavily on your preference for things. Using myself as an example, I do not store #10 cans of food.  I store the same size I normally use.  I only store the foods we eat and it doesn't take long to educate yourself to cook as you usually do outdoors without electricity or gas.  In fact you learn real quick when a category 5 hurricane hits lol.   Please use discretion when talking about your preps. We have some like minded friends we talk to, but when an emergency hits, how many people would you like to show up at your door?  I'm not saying not to help anyone but please keep in mind, people who are desperate to show up will be desperate to do anything to get what they need.   We have comments areas on blogs and message boards if you feel you are alone in this or need/want to talk about prepping and there are other places online.  Safety first!  I am looking forward to a great new year with all of you!



------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at http://www.americanpreppersnetwork.net/
Visit the Mississippi Forum at http://www.mississippipreppersnetwork.net/

No comments:

Mississippi Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Mississippi Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.